in Legal Success
| Reading Time: 11 Minutes
Turkish Citizenship By Investment
2016 marked the beginning of the Turkish Citizenship By Investment Program, sometimes called a Turkey Golden Visa. This program allows overseas investors to get a Turkish passport in as little as three to six months.
Would you like to listen to this content about Turkish Citizenship By Investment Program (Turkey Golden Visa)? Check below:
We engage with foreign investors around the globe and assist in obtaining Turkish Citizenship By Investment through our law company, MGC Legal. Contact us and ask to talk to one of our Turkish Citizenship By Investment consultants. They will always be able to help you with any questions about the Turkish Citizenship By Investment Program for Turkey (Turkey Golden Visa).
MGC Legal: Who Are We?
MGC Legal was founded in 2013 by Mr. Mustafa GUNES, a highly respected attorney in Turkey whose foundation dates back exactly 30 years. Our law firm in Istanbul, Turkey, provides multi-disciplinary legal consultancy services to clients globally with experienced and professional attorneys who specialize in legal practice and are highly competent in dealing with complex legal issues. Check out our promotional video below to get to know us better.
All About Turkey
Choose to make Turkey your new home. You may look forward to being pampered by breathtaking landscapes, surrounded by the gorgeous sea, indulging in mouthwatering cuisine, and having friendly locals. Compared to those living in many other nations, those living in Turkey enjoy a far more exciting and affluent life. In addition, due to its location at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, Turkey is a very important nation regarding geostrategic significance for commercial purposes.
With all of these advantages, who wouldn’t want to make their home here? According to recent changes in Turkish citizenship processes, becoming a citizen of Turkey is no longer an uphill battle. And perhaps most crucially, the economic prospects that a foreigner might pursue here are excellent, and investments in Turkey tend to provide positive returns (ROI).
After the residency schemes in other European countries had such massive success, Turkey’s Citizenship By Investment Program received widespread attention. In addition, the most important incentive for non-Turkish nationals to get an investment visa in Turkey is that the country grants access to the European and Asian markets. Not to mention +100 countries that are visa-free via Turkish passport.
Do you have any idea about the benefits associated with obtaining Turkish Citizenship? In addition, are you qualified to apply for the Turkey Investment Visa Program in the first place? If this is not the case, what steps can you take to ensure that you meet the requirements outlined in the eligibility requirements? Here are the answers to your questions; keep reading.
The Definitive Guide to Turkish Citizenship By Investment (Turkey Golden Visa) in 2023
Let’s get started. In 2016, Turkey began accepting applications for its “Turkish Citizenship By Investment Program“, inspired by the success of similar golden visa programs in other European countries. Applicants who invest in real estate, government bonds, or cash in a bank account are eligible to get residence in Turkey, Turkish citizenship, and a passport under the Golden Visa Program in Turkey.
Turkey’s location at the crossroads of Europe, Asia, and Africa makes it an ideal center for international travel and commerce due to its extensive network of connections to many global markets. It is in a prime location for families interested in establishing a residence and/or company.
The minimum investment option is to purchase real estate valued at least $400.000. You can also combine multiple properties for a total sum of $400.000. The other choices are investing in government bonds worth at least $500.000 or depositing $500.000 in a Turkish bank. The last option is starting a business in Turkey that would provide employment chances for Turkish nationals. Don’t forget that you must keep your investment in Turkey for at least three years. Check the table below to understand more clearly.
The investment options for a Turkish Golden Visa (Turkey Citizenship By Investment) are as follows:
|Real Estate (Held For at Least Three Years)||Minimum $400.000|
|Government Bonds (Held For at Least Three Years)||Minimum $500.000|
|Bank Account Deposit (Held For at Least Three Years)||Minimum $500.000|
|Establish a Company or a Business That Will Hire at Least 50 Turkish Employees||–|
Turkish Citizenship Application
Investment-Based Turkish Citizenship Application: We can help you with your Turkish citizenship application.
Foreigners seeking Turkish citizenship must have lived in Turkey for at least five years, be married to a Turkish citizen for at least three years, or intend to invest in Turkey with a minimum of 400.000 US Dollars. Lastly, there is another option for Turkish citizenship; foreigners seeking Turkish citizenship must deposit 500.000 US Dollars to a Turkish bank or invest in government bonds and keep it there for at least three years.
Our legal staff provides our clients with the necessary documents for the Turkish citizenship application as part of our consultancy services. You may complete your Turkish citizenship application accurately and quickly with the help of our legal consultants. At MGC Legal, our immigration attorneys provide Turkish citizenship application services, including investment consultancy for opportunities for foreign investors. We have a lot of knowledge of Turkish Immigration Law and have gotten hundreds of Turkish passports for our international clients.
Our immigration attorneys provide legal assistance in investing in Turkey and obtaining a Certificate of Conformity to apply for Turkish citizenship. After the investment phase, we will apply for a residence permit in Turkey for the primary candidate (and family members). Following that, we will draft a Turkish citizenship application for the primary candidate, their spouse, and their children. Turkish citizenship provides significant benefits in various areas, including; working, living, and participating in various social activities in Turkey.
What Are The Benefits of Getting Turkish Citizenship By Investment? (Turkey Golden Visa Benefits)
The Turkey Golden Visa Program has a broad range of advantages. This program offers Turkish Citizenship By Investment, making it one of the best golden visa programs available. The benefits of Turkish Citizenship By Investment (Turkey Golden Visa) include the following:
- The process of getting a Turkish passport is fast and simple.
- Turkey is a strategically positioned nation between Europe and Asia. A bridge between two continents.
- Turkey, the EU, and the US have many agreements facilitating immigration: For a US Green Card, you may apply for the E2 Investment Visa.
- You may apply for a Turkish businessperson visa to gain permanent residency in the UK.
- Through the “Ankara Agreement“, a treaty struck between Turkey and the European Economic Community, applying for a work and investment visa in the EU is quite simple.
- Over 100 countries do not need a visa for citizens of Turkey.
- Family members of yours may also reside in Turkey and get Turkish passports.
- Turkey is a stunning nation with many historical and cultural treasures.
- Higher education and healthcare are both of a very high caliber in Turkey.
How to Apply For The Turkish Citizenship By Investment Program (Turkey Golden Visa)?
Getting a Turkish passport is only a few simple steps through the Turkey Golden Visa Program. You don’t need to be in Turkey to apply; a PoA is enough.
- Step 1: Consult an expert immigration attorney or consultant before the process. MGC Legal can help with this.
- Step 2: Choose your investment in Turkey, such as real estate. Next is investment due diligence.
- Step 3: You must apply for a Turkish Tax ID number before investing in Turkey. You can then create a bank account and register with the appropriate authorities. You can proceed with the investment required for your Turkey Golden Visa when you have secured a Tax Identification Number (TIN / Turkish TAX ID).
- Step 4: Apply for a Certificate of Eligibility.
- Step 5: Next, you should go ahead and invest. You can successfully invest in Turkey now that you have established a bank account, obtained a TAX ID, and obtained a Certificate of Eligibility. If you plan to invest in real estate, you may want to put $400,000 in a bank account in Turkey before buying the property.
- Step 6: Make an application for a residence permit in Turkey and wrap up the details of your investment in Turkey.
- Step 7: Make an application for citizenship in Turkey. You can apply for Turkish citizenship with the required documentation after receiving your residency permit in Turkey.
Finalize the process. MGC Legal will be with you every step of the way.
What is The Documentation Required For Turkey Golden Visa?
The following is a list of the accompanying documentation that must be included with your application for a Golden Visa to Turkey:
- The first thing is your original passport. If you are applying as a family, you must present all family members’ passports.
- Birth certificates (of all applicants).
- Photographs for passports that are biometric and colored (of all applicants).
- A valid clean criminal record (of all applicants).
- Proof that you have never overstayed your visa while visiting Turkey (of all applicants).
- A valid TAX ID in Turkey (Turkish Tax Number). Before establishing a bank account in Turkey or submitting an application for Turkish citizenship, you must visit a local Tax Office and receive a tax number (TAX ID).
- Indications of recent investment. Depending on your investment, you may be required to provide certain proofs, such as paperwork and certifications, to demonstrate that you have made your investment in Turkey.
- Documentation verifying that your health insurance covers you in Turkey or new insurance in Turkey.
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable).
- Death Certificate (if applicable).
- Divorce Certificate (if applicable).
Remember that authorities may request additional documentation or information. When your paperwork has been sent in, acquiring your Turkish passport will take three to six months.
What Are The Golden Visa Requirements For Turkey?
To qualify for a Golden Visa for Turkey, you will need to fulfill each of the following conditions:
- You need to be of legal age (18),
- You must make at least a $400.000 investment in real estate (or a $500.000 investment in any other available alternative),
- You (and any family members accompanying you) must have no prior convictions in any criminal offense,
- You are required to commit to keeping your investment for a minimum of three years,
- Your investment can’t go forward unless you prove the money came from a legitimate source.
Before making a financial commitment, most people who apply for the Turkey Golden Visa do not have sufficient knowledge of the tax, financial, or immigration rules and laws. As a result, they seek the assistance of professional attorneys or consultants. You will have access to a complete team of MGC Legal’s experts, each with years of expertise in investments in Turkey and Turkish Citizenship. These legal advisors will be able to help you through the process.
Receive Assistance With The Application Process For Your Turkey Golden Visa From MGC Legal
Are you prepared to broaden your horizons and make an investment in the Turkish way of life? When acquiring a Turkey Golden Visa, it’s always wise to deal with a qualified immigration attorney or a consultant. Because they are aware of the procedure, the regulations governing investments, and how the nation runs, they will be able to get your visa more quickly and without any complications.
MGC Legal will help you start your Turkey Golden Visa application quickly! We have immigration attorneys and consultants in Istanbul and all around Turkey standing by, ready to help you get started on your investment and claim your Turkish citizenship in the stunning nation.
There are kinds of reasons to immigrate; some people immigrate to get a better education. They might receive valuable offers from universities abroad and therefore decide to immigrate. Others immigrate to get citizenship; they might wish to obtain citizenship from another country that can facilitate their lives and promote their living standards. Another kind immigrates for business opportunities and might receive a good job offer outside their country, or they might plan to invest in another country because of its strategic geographical location or importance in the world of investments and economic benefits.
Immigration specialist Hiba HATOUM, who is also an immigrant, says:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Turkish Citizenship By Investment
Even if submitting an application for a Turkey Golden Visa and becoming a citizen of Turkey is a simple procedure, you may still have concerns about the Turkish citizenship application steps & process and the perks offered by the Turkish Citizenship By Investment Program. In this section of our informative article, we will answer frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the Turkish Citizenship By Investment Program.
Should I seek The Turkey Golden Visa or Consult With an Attorney?
When moving to a new country, making investments overseas, or applying for visas in a foreign country, it is strongly recommended that you seek the assistance of a legal practitioner or a consultant. They can point you on the appropriate path and have an in-depth understanding of the procedures and how the nation functions. Suppose you let an attorney or a consultant handle your Turkish citizenship application submission and assist with your investments in Turkey. In that case, you may avoid making errors that will cost you money and take up much of your time. Working with an attorney or a consultant to apply for a Turkey Golden Visa isn’t required, but doing so will make the process simpler, less time-consuming, and less stressful.
Is it Safe to Travel With a Turkish Passport? How Strong is The Turkish Passport?
118 countries will not need visas or issue one upon arrival for Turkish passport holders. Since the Turkey Golden Visa program allows holders to get a more secure passport, many citizens of other nations apply for it. With a passport from Turkey, they’ll easily apply for visas to other countries.
After I Become a Turkish Citizen, How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I can Sell My Investment(s)?
Another thing to consider is the ROI. To qualify for the Turkey Golden Visa, you must keep your investment(s) for at least three years. After that, you will have the option of selling your investment(s).
How Long Does it Typically Take to Become a Citizen of Turkey?
It may take three to six months to get your Turkish passport from the moment you submit your documentation after making your necessary investment. The application procedure might take three to six months to complete.
Do I Need to be Present in Turkey to Receive My Turkish Passport?
You do not need to be physically present in Turkey to apply for a Turkish Passport. All of this may be accomplished via the internet with the help of a PoA.
Does Turkey Allow Dual Citizenship?
You are permitted to have Turkish and foreign citizenship per the laws of Turkey. To get a Turkish passport, it is not necessary to give up the nationality you have at present. However, remember that your present country of nationality must also allow for dual citizenship for you to be eligible for it.
Are The investor’s Relatives Eligible to Apply for Turkish Citizenship?
The investor’s spouse and children under 18 may also participate in the investing program with them. The investor’s parents, spouse, and children may also obtain a residency permit. The application for a residence permit may be submitted concurrently with the Turkish citizenship application by the investor or after the investor has been issued a Turkish passport.
Is The Turkish Citizenship By Investment (Turkey Golden Visa) Program a Guarantee?
Nobody can assure you that you will become a Turkish citizen via investing. We do an initial screening of applications to determine disapproval risk and identify potential issues. This enables our clients to get Turkish citizenship easily.
Is There a Turkish Language Test When Applying For Turkish Citizenship By Investment?
One of the simplest methods to receive a Turkish passport is the Turkey Golden Visa, which grants Turkish citizenship. Many nations, particularly those that provide golden visas for permanent residence, demand that anyone applying for citizenship complete a language exam. You don’t need to pass a language exam to get Turkish citizenship. You don’t need to speak or understand Turkish to get a passport. MGC Legal will be with you every step of the way.
What is The Duration of The Turkish Investor Visa?
The validity period of the Turkey Investor Visa is perpetual. Following the completion of your investment, you will be eligible to submit an application for Turkish citizenship, which is permanent, as well as a Turkish passport. Every ten years, you are required to have your passport renewed.
Where Can I Get My Certificate of Eligibility For a Turkey Investor Visa?
Depending on the kind of investment you make, you must apply to one of the following entities to get a Certificate of Eligibility:
- Real Estate Investment: Turkish Land Registry and Cadaster of the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization.
- Turkish Bank Account Deposit: Department of Financial Consumer Relations of the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency.
- Investment in Government Bonds: Turkish Ministry of Treasury and Finance.
- Establishing a Company or a Business For Employing 50 Turkish Nationals: General Directorate of International Labor of the Ministry of Family, Labor, and Social Services.