Pursuant to Article 16 of the Code No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data, real persons or legal entities processing personal data shall register with the Data Controller’s Registry before processing.More
| Reading Time: 4 Minute(s)
Turkish Citizenship Application
MGC Legal is a full-service Turkish law firm in Istanbul, Turkey, with a long quality and professional competence history. Our Turkish citizenship experts are ready to assist you with your investment-based Turkish citizenship application.
Our Turkish immigration lawyers also handle work and residence permit applications. Our Turkish citizenship specialists also advise clients in various Turkish immigration law matters, such as extending residency and work permits, applying for Turkish citizenship, and initiating a lawsuit to overturn any obstacles.
You can find more about the Turkish citizenship law here.
Investment-Based Turkish Citizenship Application
Foreigners seeking Turkish citizenship must have lived in Turkey for at least five years, be married to a Turkish citizen for at least three years, or intend to invest in Turkey with the minimum amount of 250.000 US Dollars. Lastly, there is another option for Turkish citizenship; foreigners seeking Turkish citizenship must deposit 500.000 US Dollars to a Turkish bank and keep it there for a minimum of three years.
Our legal staff provides our clients with the necessary documents for the Turkish citizenship application as part of our consultancy services. You may complete your citizenship application accurately and quickly with the help of our legal consultants.
At MGC Legal, Our Turkish citizenship lawyers provide Turkish citizenship application services that include investment opportunities for foreign investors. We have a lot of knowledge of Turkish immigration law and have gotten hundreds of passports to date.
Our Turkish citizenship attorneys provide legal assistance in the process of making an investment in Turkey and obtaining a Certificate of Conformity to apply for Turkish citizenship.
We will apply for a residence permit in Turkey for the primary candidate after the investment phase is finished. Following that, we will draft a Turkish citizenship application for the primary candidate and their spouse and children.
Turkish citizenship provides significant benefits in various areas, including the ability to work, live, and participate in various social activities in Turkey.
Acquisition of Turkish Citizenship By Investing in The Country
The criteria sought for foreign investors as part of the Turkish citizenship application procedure steps are as follows:
- Purchasing real estate for a minimum of 250.000 US dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency or Turkish Lira, under the condition that an annotation is put on the immovable property in land register records saying that it will not be sold for three years.
- Depositing a minimum of 500.000 US dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency or Turkish Lira in Turkish banks with the condition that it not be withdrawn for three years.
- Making a fixed capital investment of at least 500.000 US Dollars (or its equivalent in foreign currencies or Turkish Lira).
- Establishing a company or a business in Turkey and providing jobs for at least 50 Turkish people.
- Purchasing state debt instruments for a minimum of 500.000 US dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency or Turkish Lira, with the understanding that they would not be sold for three years.
- Purchasing a real estate fund participation share or a venture capital investment fund participation share worth at least 500.000 US dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency or Turkish Lira, with the understanding that it will not be sold for at least three years.
How to Obtain The Certificate of Conformity?
- The Ministry of Environment and Urbanization Land Registry and The General Directive for Foreign Investors issue a Certificate of Conformity for foreign investors who purchase real estate for a minimum of 250.000 US Dollars or equivalent in a foreign currency or the equivalent Turkish Lira in land registry records, with the condition that an annotation is placed on the immovable property in land registry records stating that it will not be sold for three years.
- The Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency Department of Financial Consumer Relations issues a Certificate of Conformity to foreign investors who deposit a minimum of 500.000 US Dollars or equivalent in foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira in Turkish banks, with the condition that it is not withdrawn for three years.
- Foreign investors that spend at least 500.000 US dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency or Turkish Lira will be issued a Certificate of Conformity by the Ministry of Industry and Technology General Directorate of Incentive Implementation and Foreign Capital.
- The Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services’ General Directorate of International Labor Force issues a Certificate of Conformity to international investors who employ at least 50 workers.
- The Ministry of Treasury and Finance is in charge of issuing Certificates of Conformity for foreign investors that acquire state debt instruments for a minimum of 500.000 US dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency or its equivalent in Turkish Lira and do not sell them for three years.
- The Certificate of Conformity is issued by the Capital Markets Board Department of Brokerage Operations to foreign investors who purchase a real estate investment fund participation share or a venture capital investment fund participation share for at least 500.000 US Dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency or its equivalent in Turkish Lira and do not sell it for at least three years.
In the absence of foreign investors, a residency application may be made by proxies under Law No. 6458, article 31, subparagraph (j).
What is The Turkish Citizenship Application Process?
The documents that must be submitted for Turkish citizenship applications are decided individually for each of our international clients, and our legal team advises them on how to get them.
In the absence of foreign investors, citizenship applications are submitted by proxy to The Foreign Investor Private Application Centers in Ankara and Istanbul.
What Are The Steps to Turkish Citizenship Application?
- The Certificate of Conformity and other needed documents are submitted with the application for a residence permit in Turkey.
- The application for a residence permit is received and sent to The General Directorate of Immigration.
- Foreigners who have secured a residence permit may apply for Turkish citizenship at The Provincial General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs.
The citizenship application is completed and forwarded to The General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs.
What Are The Documents Required For The Turkish Citizenship Application?
During the citizenship application process, the following documents are required:
- Application for a resident permit,
- Four photographs (biometric and taken within the previous six months),
- Original and photocopy of passport,
- Current health insurance,
- A copy of the title deed, as well as a copy of the certificate of title,
- Settlement document,
- Judicial registry papers from Turkey, and the applicant is currently a citizen.
What Are The Privileges of a Turkish Passport?
Turkish passport holders are free from visa requirements in 72 countries, and they may enter another 37 countries with visas obtained at the border and ten additional countries with visas obtained online.
Turkish residents with “special passports” are granted visa-free entry to 111 countries, including all Schengen-zone nations. These are not diplomatic passports; they are issued to government personnel, business persons, and attorneys (remember that figures may change over time).