Pursuant to Article 16 of the Code No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data, real persons or legal entities processing personal data shall register with the Data Controller’s Registry before processing.More
Clarification Text Regarding Processing Personal Data Within The Framework of The Law on Protection of Personal Data No. 6698
Purpose and Scope of The Clarification Text
The purpose of the clarification text is, in accordance with the importance attached to personal data by Attorney Mustafa GUNES Law Firm (“Company”); to reveal the approach of the Company on the protection and processing of personal data of clients and website visitors (“Data Subject“) within the scope of the Personal Data Protection Law (“KVKK“) and inform the data subject accordingly.
Data mentioned in the Clarification Text Regarding Processing Personal Data (“Text“) are processed automatically or non-automatically if registered in the data recording system.
Principles Regarding Personal Data and Processing of Personal Data
In accordance with the guarantees provided by Article 20 of the Constitution and Article 4 of the KVKK; Company processes your personal data according to the following principles:
- In accordance with the laws and good faith,
- Accurate and updated when necessary,
- For specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes,
- Related to the purpose,
- In a limited and measured way,
- To keep it for the period stipulated by laws or as required by the processing of personal data,
- Based on one or more of the provisions specified in Article 5 of the KVKK.
In accordance with Article 20 of the Constitution and Article 10 of the KVKK; Company would like to inform you of the followings:
- The purpose of processing personal data,
- To whom and for what purpose the processed personal data can be transferred,
- The method and legal reason for collecting personal data and,
- Rights of the data subject.
Legal Reasons for Processing Personal Data
The Company processes personal data within the scope of the legal reasons specified in Article 5 of the KVKK, which are:
- Your Explicit Consent (Article 5/1),
- Processing of personal data belonging to the parties of a contract is necessary provided that it is directly related to the conclusion or fulfilment of that contract (art. 5/2-c),
- It is mandatory for the Company to be able to perform its legal obligations (art. 5/2-ç),
- It is mandatory for the Company’s legitimate interests, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject (art. 5/2-f).
Transferring of Personal Data
The Company may transfer the personal data in accordance with the legal reasons and purposes stipulated in this Text to third parties specified below:
- Legally authorized public institutions, limited to the purpose of the request, provided that they have the legal authority,
- Legally authorized private persons, limited to the purpose requested by the relevant private law persons within their legal authority,
- Servers, which are located abroad, of the CRM software program used within the framework of carrying out the commercial and operational activities of the Company, in accordance with the conditions specified in Article 9 of the law.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
In accordance with the legal reasons stated above, your personal data are collected to provide and develop the products and services we offer and carry out our activities. Your personal data are collected via the newsletter subscription on the website, pages opened for communication purposes, or via e-mails sent to an e-mail address with an “info” extension.
In accordance with the delivery of its services, personal data are processed by Company for the following purposes:
- Managing the subscription to the newsletter, wishes, requests, and complaints of our Clients and Website Visitors,
- In line with the purpose of ensuring the execution of the Company’s human resources policies; conducting HR operations in accordance with the Company’s HR policies, providing personnel suitable for vacant positions in accordance with the Company’s HR policies, fulfilling obligations within the framework of occupational health and safety, and taking necessary measures,
- In line with the fulfilment of legal and commercial obligations of Company and individuals who have a business relationship with Company; communication-oriented administrative operations, operations for the service and ensuring its supervision, business partner/customer/supplier/business partner (authorized or employees or partners) evaluation processes, legal and commercial risk analyses, legal compliance process,
- In line with the aim of carrying out the necessary studies to recommend the products and services offered by the Company to our clients and website visitors by customizing them according to the tastes, usage habits, and needs of our customers; delivery of newsworthy content by the Company,
- In-house system and application management operations, management of legal operations.
The personal data processed by the Company within the scope of this Text and the data subject whose data are processed are categorically classified and stated below.
|Data Subject Category||Personal Data Processed|
|Prospective Client||Name, Surname, E-mail, Phone number, Message.|
Storage and Erasure of Personal Data
The Company is committed to storing the personal data for the time specified in the legislation. In case the storage period is not determined by legislation, the Company retain the personal data for the period that is required in accordance with its practices and commercial life practices, and after the said period, only for the period that is required in practice for the purpose of providing evidence in possible legal disputes. After the specified periods expire, the personal data shall be erased, destroyed, or anonymized.
Rights of Personal Data Subjects
In the 20th article of the Constitution, it is regulated that everyone has the right to be informed about personal data about themselves, and the 11th article of the KVKK also states the right to “request information” among the rights of the personal data subject. In this regard, the Company provides the necessary information in case the data subject requests the information, and informs the data subject as to how these rights can be exercised to request information and how the said issues will be evaluated.
The data subject has the following rights:
- To learn whether his personal data are processed or not,
- To request information if his/her personal data are processed,
- To learn the purpose of his/her data processing and whether this data is used for intended purposes,
- To know the third parties to whom his/her personal data are transferred at home or abroad,
- To request the rectification of the incomplete or inaccurate data, if any, and to request notification of the operation made within this scope to third parties to whom his/her personal data has been transferred,
- To request the erasure or destruction of his/her personal data, even though data have been processed in accordance with KVKK and legislation when the legal reasons of processing disappear, and to request notification of the operation made within this scope to third parties to whom his personal data has been transferred,
- To object to the processing, exclusively by automatic means, of his personal data, which leads to an unfavourable consequence for the data subject,
- To request compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of his personal data.
The data subject whose personal data are processed will be able to submit their requests regarding the above-mentioned rights to us by completing the form at this link, in accordance with the Communiqué on Application Procedures and Principles to the Data Controller.
The company may request information to determine whether the applicant is a data subject and may ask questions regarding the application to clarify the issues mentioned in the application.
As per Article 14 of the KVKK, in case the application is rejected, the response is found to be insufficient, or the application is not answered in time; the data subject can make a complaint to the Board within thirty days from the date of learning the answer, and in any case within sixty days from the date of application.
Security of Personal Data
In accordance with Article 12 of the KVKK, the Company takes the necessary precautions to prevent the unlawful processing of the personal data it processes, prevent unlawful access to the data, ensure the appropriate security level and perform the necessary controls in this context. The precautions taken by the Company in this regard are given below:
- Employment of knowledgeable personnel in setting up and operating systems in accordance with the principles regarding the processing of personal data and the relevant legislation,
- Using backup programs that comply with the legislation that ensures the safe storage of personal data,
- In case a service covering personal data processing operations provided as an external source, taking the necessary security measures to protect personal data in contracts with outsourcing firms, and stipulating therein the provisions that ensure the firms will comply with the measures in their organizations,
- The Company does not process the data processed within the scope of payment service, and the relevant supplier from which the service is received ensures to comply with the necessary obligations,
- Consideration of the personal data processing processes involved in all activities carried out by Company within the scope of the data processing conditions regulated by KVKK, taking the necessary technical and organizational measures to carry out the said processes in accordance with the KVKK provisions,
- Identifying and implementing rules of practice for managing personal data processing processes and compliance structure, including precautions and controls,
- Maintenance and supervision of personal data processing processes and systems related to these processes by management systems with technical and organizational characteristics.
Data Breaches Management
The Company ensures in accordance with Article 12 of the KVKK that the Board and the data subject will be notified when a third party unlawfully obtains processed personal data.
- Title: Attorney Mustafa GUNES
- Phone Number: +90 850 333 86 60
- Fax Number: +90 216 314 43 73
- Post Address: Büyükdere Cad, Astoria No:127 D:B Blok 5. Kat, 34394 Şişli/İstanbul
- E-mail Address: email@example.com